5/15/2008

First Plus-Size Winner in the History of America's Next Top Model

It's official!! WHITNEY Thompson last night became the first plus-size winner in the history of "America's Next Top Model."

And boy, is she proud of that distinction.

"People always say you have to be stick-skinny, emaciated and unhealthy and I've kind of stood up for [being full-figured] my whole life," Thompson told The Post in her first post-victory interview.

"I'm not going to lose 50 pounds - if someone asks me to do that, I'll go to another [modeling] agency," she says. "I've already heard online from boys and girls all over the world who are dealing with eating disorders.

"They're thanking me for standing up and saying, 'I am a plus-size model and I am beautiful.'

"This is what people should look like," she says, referring to herself, "rather than skin-and-bones, which is disgusting and sends a bad message to people everywhere."

It's that outspokenness, along with her obvious self-confidence, that helped Thompson win over Anya Kop in last night's "Top Model" finale.

Read the Full Article: A-Plus Model

~ Kathy ~ 05/15/08
Kathy's Curvy Corner

No comments: